When registered customers log into their accounts in Magento, by default they are automatically redirected to the account dashboard where it is possible to manage the account settings, check orders, etc.
It is possible to disable this redirect. In that case customers will stay on the current page.
To disable the login redirect in Magento, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Magento admin panel and navigate to System-> Configuration menu:
2. From the Customers section on the left, select “Customers Configuration” option:
3. Go to Login Options tab, and select “No” for the Redirect Customer to Account Dashboard After Logging in options
4. Press the Save Config button in the top right.
5. Check your site after refreshing the page.